You Stay too?

My lollipop - my sweet candy,
Closer. I want you closer to me.
It's not a love song - no sappy love song,
Reality. It's never what you see on screen.

I know that I'm different,
I know that I am not what you need.
I try to be perfect,
Yet again I try to please you,
Still,
You refuse to glimpse.

It's been far too long,
More then a year,
A constant question,
"Do I still want you dear"

We had our moments
And now that's over
You're gone while I'm stuck here.

I knew I was just stupid - naive little child.
Thought this was a movie - Leaned in for a kiss.

Maybe. Perhaps.
We could be perfect.
Perhaps. Maybe

I want you to look at me like how you look at her,
And I want you to know that I'll be here for you.

I will stay, but will you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transforming our Fear

Waiting for What?

Brave Little Flower